Migration to/from/within Central & Eastern Europe:
Decolonial perspectives on race, gender, sexuality and class
Provisionally scheduled for end of November/early December 2021 (exact date TBA). Online workshop via Zoom.
We are currently accepting abstracts from those intrested in contributing a paper at the event. Possible topics might include, but are not limited to:
- Postcolonial, postsocialist, decolonial and postdependence perspectives on migration (and migration studies) in CEE
- Race, gender, sexuality and class in migration to/from/within CEE
- Borders, coloniality and migration in relation to CEE
- Intersectional challenges in thinking about CEE migrations
- Decolonising methodologies in researching migration to/from/within CEE
Please, see full call for paper: HERE
Interested participants are invited to send abstracts of no more than 250 words to Kasia Narkowicz (firstname.lastname@example.org), Anna Gawlewicz (Anna.Gawlewicz@glasgow.ac.uk) and Konrad Pędziwiatr (email@example.com) by 17 September 2021. They will be notified by end of September if their paper has been accepted for the session. The workshop is envisioned to lead to an edited collection.